In this episode, I speak to return guest, Cathryn Warburton the Legal Lioness, all about common legal misteps she has seen coaches make that can get their own clients in some seriously expensive legal trouble. What can seem like straightforward, simple advice can inadvertently spell legal disaster for your clients.
So, in order to best serve our clients, we need to be aware of these issues and how to avoid them – from copyright to trademarks and even agreements, Cathryn and I cover a few legal things to keep in mind when running our businesses.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Risks with free image sites How to find images that won’t get you or your clients into trouble
- Why not all paid image sites are trustworthy
- The costs of not trademarking a brand
- Things to consider when you’re thinking about trademarking things in a business
- Why you don’t have to trademark everything all at once
- Why agreements, even simple ones in writing, are super important for coaches and clients
- Why collaboration agreements are necessary
- Why the process of creating agreements is super helpful in navigating your own boundaries and avoiding nasty legal conflict down the line
Find out more about Cathryn Warburton
Renée Hasseldine works with consultants, experts & thought leaders to turn what is in their brilliant minds into powerful Think RAPT systems using visual models. Her knack for extracting and unpacking thoughts and turning them into unique intellectual property is sheer genius.