In this episode, I’m joined by Nicole Van Hattem. After experiencing burnout as a corporate high-flyer, Nicole went on her first retreat, returning to the workplace with a clear mind and renewed energy. After a close friend and colleague died suddenly of a heart attack at age 49, Nicole trained as a Holistic Health Coach, regained her own health, lost 17kg and began her mission to end “Death by Desk”. Today, Nicole is sharing her top 5 tips for avoiding “death by desk” and becoming a thriving business owner.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Nicole’s journey to having her own TED Talk and podcast
- Why branding is important
- Why entrepreneurs face burnout faster than corporate employees
- The importance of taking care of yourself for a successful business and thriving life
- Tips for getting up and moving your body regularly
- How to set boundaries in your business and your life
- How brief breaks during your day are very important for productivity
- Tips for doing a people audit and breaking up with people who are adding to your stress elegantly.
- How to clean up your social media.
- Choosing a business style that’s in alignment with your ideal lifestyle
- and more
Find out more about Nicole Van Hattem
Renée Hasseldine works with consultants, experts & thought leaders to turn what is in their brilliant minds into powerful Think RAPT systems using visual models. Her knack for extracting and unpacking thoughts and turning them into unique intellectual property is sheer genius.