In this episode, I’m joined by awarding winning SEO copywriter, Kate Toon to discuss all things “passive” income in her business.
Passive income is a dream that many entrepreneurs have. Who doesn’t want to make money while they sleep? However, the word “passive” is a bit of a misnomer. It takes work to create and maintain the products, to market the products and look after clients.
In this episode, Kate walks us through her product mix, and how she’s created lots of leveraged products that support her, even though she only works school hours.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is “passive Income”?
- The importance of structuring your working life around your personality
- Building products and courses as part of your product mix
- The benefits of launching courses and products incrementally
- Content marketing for selling products
- Advice for starting out creating leveraged/passive products
- Tips for creating good courses
- Why you should create products that work for your personality
- How speaking gigs nurture your business
- How being generous online increases your authority
- And more
Find out more about Kate Toon
Kate Toon is an award-winning SEO copywriter and SEO consultant with almost two decades of experience in all things advertising, digital and writing. Originally from the UK but now based just outside Sydney. She has worked with big brands such as eHarmony, Curash and Kmart. And she’s helped countless small businesses produce great content and improve their copywriting and SEO.
Kate is also the founder of The Clever Copywriting School and The Recipe for SEO Success eCourse, the co-host on the Hot Copy Podcast and the host of The Recipe for SEO Success podcast. Kate recently published her popular business book, The Confessions of a Misfit Entrepreneur – which also has its own podcast. She presents the Write for Business show for the Dale Beaumont’s Brin.ai app and is the founder of The Copywriting Conference – Australia’s first dedicated Copywriting Conference.
Renée Hasseldine works with consultants, experts & thought leaders to turn what is in their brilliant minds into powerful Think RAPT systems using visual models. Her knack for extracting and unpacking thoughts and turning them into unique intellectual property is sheer genius.