In this episode, I’m joined by Tyson Franklin, Telstra Business Award winner, author and business mentor. Marketing is the life blood of small business. But it’s often a business owner’s greatest weakness. So, I’m delighted to have Tyson Franklin on the show sharing his simple approach to marketing. He breaks down the 6 pillars of marketing into easy to digest, bite-sized chunks and gives you a plan to master all of them without burning out.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why bigger isn’t always better and the power of remembering why you started your business
- 6 pillars of marketing
- 1. Professional referrers – e.g. professionals in similar or adjacent industries who serve a similar client base
- 2. Non-professional referrers – e.g. people who aren’t in a similar industry but who might share some overlap in clients e.g. coffee shops, hairdressers etc.
- 3. Internal marketing – e.g. database, office-based marketing and more. Reconnecting with existing clients
- 4. External marketing – e.g. sponsorships, pr, media releases
- 5. Verbal Marketing – e.g. networking, speaking gigs, podcast guesting
- 6. Online marketing – e.g. website, social media etc.
- And how to master all 6 (without burning out)
Find out more about Tyson Franklin
Tyson E. Franklin is a Queensland University of Technology graduate and over the past 30 years has opened, sold, taken over and relocated well over 20 podiatry businesses. He’s won The Telstra Business Award, written two books, runs a weekly podcast show called It’s No Secret with Dr T., is a professional speaker and currently mentors business owners in the health industry on how to market their businesses and how to set up systems to support their marketing strategies. At present Tyson Franklin lives in Cairns, Queensland.
Renée Hasseldine works with consultants, experts & thought leaders to turn what is in their brilliant minds into powerful Think RAPT systems using visual models. Her knack for extracting and unpacking thoughts and turning them into unique intellectual property is sheer genius.